John T Windham
John (Tal) Windham is a Darlington County native. A 1984 Graduate of Lamar High School, he did attend Francis Marion University but Graduated from Limestone University with a major in Business Management. He was first licensed in 1987 to sell insurance in South Carolina. He holds a license in all lines of insurance in South Carolina. He completed the LUTCF designation in 1994.
Mr. Windham’s insurance career has now spanned over four decades. His first job was as a debit agent with Liberty Life Insurance. He worked in the local county office of Farm Bureau as a personal lines representative for three years. In 1997, he was approached by Sentry Insurance to run one of their statewide agencies where he grew his commercial business to over $5,000,000 in commercial insurance premium. After 9/11, in 2002, Sentry closed their offices in South Carolina.
Mr. Windham accepted a position with the CT Lowndes Agency in Charleston, SC. It is the oldest privately owned insurance agency in the south east. In 2006, Mr. Windham was approached by Colonial Life to run their Florence/Myrtle Beach District. He has been able to have consistent growth for almost 15 years. In 2012, after producing commercial insurance for three years with Jeffords Insurance, Mr. Windham decided to open his own full lines agency in Lamar, SC. Now his agency has business accounts throughout both Carolina’s, primarily serving the north eastern section of South Carolina.
Mr. Windham is married to Tabatha Caddell of McBee, SC. The couple has three children 0 Carrie Vest, Cera Colvin, and John T Windham, II. They reside in Lamar.
John T. Windham Insurance, LLC (DBA Windham Insurance Group) opened in 2012 after John T. Windham served in the role as producer for almost three decades. The staff has a combined 90 years of experience ranging from career insurance professionals to those with varying backgrounds including college music professor, high school educators, elementary school educators as well as a boat captain.
- We are dedicated and pride ourselves in that we are consistently providing our clients extraordinary personal attention by being consistently accessible and responsive.
- We provide informed guidance to our clients by keeping abreast of the frequent changes in the insurance laws and regulations related to your business. In addition, we review your industries risk trends and risk transfer / mitigation methods to guide you when making critical business decisions.
- We take a proactive approach to your business insurance and risk management needs by learning about your business
- We present you with Solutions and Best Options for you to consider when making decisions about which insurance programs best fit the needs of your business
John T. Windham Insurance, LLC provides the following services to its clients:
- Responsible for cultivating and maintaining the long term relationship with customers.
- The primary point of contact for daily account servicing issues.
- Partners with client and carrier to develop product, service and enrollment solutions.
- Partners with the client and carrier on the enrollment implementation plan to ensure that plans are on
track with enrollment objectives.
- Responsible for the assignment and scheduling of experienced and qualified benefit counselors to
conduct the various enrollment meetings and 1-to-1 counseling sessions with all employees at all account locations.
Through our experience, John T. Windham Insurance, LLC has learned there are three key communication factors that will play a great role in insurance benefits enrollment and supplemental voluntary benefits services.
1) Group Meetings, during which our benefit counselors will give a short presentation to employees to explain how this enrollment program works and why it’s important for all employees to meet with a representative to review their benefits package.
2) One-to-One Meetings, during which our trained benefit counselors will update employees on their benefits package and conduct the enrollment for available benefits.
3) Personalized Salary Illustrations, Benefits Statements, and Election Forms, provided to each employee to reflect their benefit elections, the amount the employee is spending on each, as well as the amount their employer is providing on each. This provides the employees with a tangible snapshot of the elections they have chosen.
John T Windham Insurance, LLC was started in 2012 by John T Windham. For almost 30 years as a producer, John T Windham has offered cost management services to people in the Pee Dee and Grand Strand Areas of South Carolina. In 2012, we felt that we could serve our clients with our own agency. Using the synergy and strengths of several carriers and business partners, John T Windham Insurance,
LLC has been able to help their client maintain quality insurance coverage they need and also help them control the rising cost of their insurance and the benefits they offer to their employees.
We do our best to surround our agency with the best carriers as well as business partners to be able to provide the best service to our clients.
Our mission is to help the employers in north eastern South Carolina provide the benefits best suited for their employees.
John T. Windham Insurance, LLC has been providing benefits communication, education and enrollment services for four years. John T. Windham has been providing those same services for close to 30 years.
The John T. Windham Insurance staff includes 8 employees as follows:
- John T Windham: 30 years of insurance experience in all lines
- Tabatha Windham: 7 years of insurance experience
- Dallas Keefe: 10 years Experience
- Joshua Colvin: 5 years experience
- Carrie Vest: 5 years experience
- Josh Gause: 5 years Experience
- Bill Fowler
- Daniel Mills: 3 years Experience
List of Carrier Agency Represent
- Aetna Health Insurance Company
- Aetna Health Inc. D/B/A Coventry Health Care of the Carolinas, Inc.
- American Alternative Insurance Corporation
- American Heritage Life Insurance Company
- American Modern Home Insurance Company
- American Modern Select insurance Company
- Americn States Insurance Company
- Amguard Insurance Company
- Banner Life Insurance Company
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina
- Bluechoice Healthplan of South Carolina, Inc.
- Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company
- Bristol West Insurance Company
- Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company
- Companion Life Insurance Company
- Consumers Life Insurance Company
- Coventry Health and Life Insurance Company
- First National Insurance Company of America
- Foremost Property and Casualty Insurance Company
- Golden Rule Insurance Company
- Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
- Humana Insurance Company
- Independent American Insurance Company
- Madision National Life Insurance Company
- Markel Insurance Company
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
- National Security Fire and Casualty Company
- National Security Insurance Company
- Nationwide Life Insurance Company
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
- Norguard Insurance Company
- Ohio Casualty Insurance Company
- Old Dominion Insurance Company
- Old Republic Security Company
- Peerless Indeminity Insurance Company
- Peerless Insurance Company
- Progressive Northern Insurance Company
- Provident Life and Accident Insurance Company
- Safeco Insurance Company of America
- StJohns Insurance Campany, Incorporated
- Standard Security Life Insurance Company of New York
- Travelers Property and Casualty Insurance Company
- Trustgard Insruance Company
- Trustmark Life Insurance Company
- United Concordia Insurance Company
- United Healthcare Insurance Company of The River Valley
- UnitedHealthcare Life Insurance Company
- Unum Life Insurance Company of America
- Utica Mutual Insurance Company
- West American Insurance Company
Fill up the form and one of our team will contact you soon. We are happy to help.